Sunday, February 7, 2010

If I drop a class in the first week will I receive a ';w'; (withdrawl on my transcript?

You have to check your school's policies. It should be in the schedule of classes, the college catalog, and the student handbook.If I drop a class in the first week will I receive a ';w'; (withdrawl on my transcript?
Usually within the first week you can add or drop a class without penalty (including a w on your transcript). Once the first week is over, if you decide to withdraw, it will be noted on your transcript. Also, within the first week, you can probably get a refund on your tuition for that class, and return your books for a refund, but after that first week, you probably won't get anything back. See an advisor if you are not sure.If I drop a class in the first week will I receive a ';w'; (withdrawl on my transcript?
It depends on your school, but I am 99% sure that the answer is no.





There is generally an add/drop period in the first couple of weeks when everyone is expected to be adjusting their schedules.





And even after that, there is usually a grace period in which you can't add classes, but you can drop a class without getting a W. Sometimes the grace period is a few days, sometimes it's several weeks.





But bottom line, if you drop during the first week, it depends on your school, but at 99% of schools, you will not get a W. The course will just disappear.

No comments:

Post a Comment