Friday, February 12, 2010

Need advice: drop with W on transcript or get a failing grade?

My advisor told me to get some tutoring for the class but I dont think its going to help so should I drop it and take it in the summer because they say its more easier. will it make my transcript look bad? this is my first time though.Need advice: drop with W on transcript or get a failing grade?
always get a W. a failed grade stays on your transcript.Need advice: drop with W on transcript or get a failing grade?
Drop, Drop, DROP!





Don't walk, RUN! And don't wait until the last minute because the papers usually have to be signed by the prof.





Drop is one of the most important things to learn in college. It's always hard to do the first time. Nobody wants to be a 'quitter,' but a W is 1000x better than a D or F, and may be better than a C if the course is important (in your major) and you don't do it too often.





Talk to some (successful) upperclassmen. They'll tell you the same. So will most of your (good) professors.





I have never had cause to regret dropping a class, I have Bitterly regretted not doing so.
A Withdrawal is much better than a F. The F is going to bring down your GPA.





Tutoring does help. And if you are having trouble with the subject now, you will in the summer too.
I've been under the impression that the ';W'; doesn't really mean much of anything. I would think that a failing grade (which would also negatively impact your GPA) would look worse than a ';W,'; at least.





Something you should keep in mind, though, is that summer courses generally aren't easier. They're actually harder a lot of the time, because you're covering all of the same material, but you're having to force it into a smaller time frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment