Friday, February 12, 2010

I got a transcript written, how do I get published? What steps do I need to take??

A transcript of what? Normally the right to a transcript are owned by whomever owns the rights to whatever you transcribed. You could try contacting that person or organization to see if they will arrange publication.





You are normally much better off writing your own original stuff. Writing unsolicited transcriptions won't do a heck of a lot for you.I got a transcript written, how do I get published? What steps do I need to take??
Do you mean manuscript?





Going on the assumption that you meant manuscript (an original story), as opposed to transcript (a typed copy of dictated or recorded material), here is my suggestion.


Do the basic steps:


1) Go through Writer's Market and list all agents and publishers who handle your genre.


2) Send a query letter to each listing following their submission guidelines to the letter.


***go online to their site to get their up-to-date guidelines and the current person's name to address your query.***


3) Prepare to receive reams of rejection letters and don't take them personally. They're not.


4) Don't give up.


I read an article on Steven King that mentioned he was rejected so many times that he resorted to writing magazine articles to get published.
  • guy myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment