Sunday, February 7, 2010

I ahve a B in my Chemstry honors class, will it turn into an A on my transcript?

I REALLY need to know if it will affect my 4.0 GPA ):


i had a 4.0 in my freshman year and my stupid 87.4% in chem honors is gonna ruin it. I have until December 18 to raise it to an A :[. HELP!!!I ahve a B in my Chemstry honors class, will it turn into an A on my transcript?
Sort of.





Basically,





It will affect your unweighted GPA, but it will not affect your weighted GPA. The weighted GPA combines the points you recieve from honors and AP classes (so you can get a 5 or a 6 for an A) and an unweighted is not affected by honors and AP classes.





And I promise, it will not be the end of the world. You will still make it into the college you want, and employers will never see your high school GPA. I'm not saying don't worry about it at all, but focus on other things besides your GPA - like volunteering and extracurriculars. GPA is nice, but experience is what counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment