Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I need a copy of my 1040 for my FAFSA, what is the quickest way to get a transcript?

Visit your local IRS office and request a Return Transcript, they will provide it to you while you wait, take ID to proof who you are.


Or download form 4506-T and mail/fax to appropriated address/fax number and they will mail the transcript within 20 days.


Or call IRS 1-800-829-1040 for the transcript.


The transcript is accept by all loans, financial aid etc.


If you need the actual return you will need to fill out form 4506 and pay $39.00 per the copy.I need a copy of my 1040 for my FAFSA, what is the quickest way to get a transcript?
you can actually call the irs and they will send u a copy of ur 1040. i had to do it when i first applied for college. it won't take long to arrive and its real easy. as for the number, i think i looked it up in a phone book or online, i don't remember, that was 2 years ago. but u'll have ur info by the time classes begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment