Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Will a college release your transcript if you are making payments? Or only when it's fully paid off?

I went to school for a year and then took a year off. Now I want to go back to school (different school, closer to home) but I still owe money to my first school. They won't release my transcript until the bill's paid. My question is, do colleges hold your transcripts until the bill is fully paid, or is there a chance they'll release it once I sent up a payment plan to pay off the rest of the bill?Will a college release your transcript if you are making payments? Or only when it's fully paid off?
If the semester (that you took classes during) has ended then you must pay it in full before you can get an official transcript. If you have a web based account (like web adviser) that you can sign onto to register for classes, pay for classes, etc. then you might be able to see you unofficial transcript, unless they shut it down for not paying. That is how it is in California no matter if it is a community college, UC, CSU, or a private college.


Good luck with our situation, and good luck with your new school!

No comments:

Post a Comment