Friday, February 5, 2010

Does 1 ';w'; look bad on a transcript to law school?

I'm applying to Columbia's law school but when I was a freshman I withdrew from a class in my first semester because I had to work more hours to pay for school. Will this one W look bad on my transcript to such a selective school or do they really only consider total gpa when looking at a transcript?Does 1 ';w'; look bad on a transcript to law school?
I don't think it will look too bad if it's your first semester of your freshman year, and you had a good reason for doing so. Maybe there's some way that you could explain the situation to them, like in your essay or as a note somewhere?Does 1 ';w'; look bad on a transcript to law school?
No. I was accepted into Graduate school at Univ of North Carolina and I had two ';W';. They considered my GPA, GRE scores, recommendations and my application in whole. Do well on your LSATs and you should be good. Good Luck.
1 W won't hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment