Wednesday, February 3, 2010

What kinds of clubs or organization would really stand out on my transcript when applying for a UC??

ASB???What kinds of clubs or organization would really stand out on my transcript when applying for a UC??
Clubs and classes such as: Academic Decathlon, Geo Bowl, Knowlege Bowl, FBLA, CSF, DECA, Virtual Enterprise, Speech and Debate, and AVID.





Anyone can play volleyball for four years. How does that set you apart? It doesn't. The clubs that I mentioned are academic in nature. Not everyone even gets accepted into these clubs.





If I had to pick two, I would say Academic Decatholon and CSF.





That said, the clubs are only used as a secondary screening process. The primary criterion is of course grades and test scores, SAT's and ACT's.





Best wishes on a bright future,





MikeWhat kinds of clubs or organization would really stand out on my transcript when applying for a UC??
communtiy service
You don't choose a club or organization because it will ';look good on your transcript';. You choose something that is of interest to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment