Sunday, February 7, 2010

Do employers care if I have a W for withdrawal from a course on my transcript?

Certain licensed positions may require that you submit transcripts, but as a rule an employer does not review your transcripts. Furthermore, few employers have the right to your transcripts. Most employers wouldn't have a clue as to how to interpret them anyway.





During the application process, most employers call the college to verify your attendance. That's about the extent of it.





The only time a W is going to come into question would be during the application process to professional school (medical, dental, law). The admissions people would want to know the circumstances of your withdrawal from that class to determine that such decisions are not easy for you.





But in terms of a prospective employer, the W is a non-issue.Do employers care if I have a W for withdrawal from a course on my transcript?
There are many reasons for withdrawing from a course. It certainly does not mean failure as long as you get a WP, withdrawal passing grade. They would probably question you if you got a WF, withdrawal failing grade.Do employers care if I have a W for withdrawal from a course on my transcript?
I doubt it...many people have W's on their transcripts. I know I have one. They probably won't even look that hard at a transcript. They'll just look at your GPA and courses you took. You should focus more on your resume and interview skills.





GOOD LUCK!
Unless you are interviewing for a technical or highly skilled job, most employers won't even look at your transcript excep t to see that you graduated as you said.
Absolutely NOT!!!
I doubt it. But if it comes up just explain it and they'll probably understand okay
  • child tax credit
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment